Saturday, September 8, 2012

I'm Getting Organized!

Sooooo...as most of you can tell I'm addicted to Pinterest. I admit it. I can say that I have a problem and am currently looking for an AA for Pinteresters. BUT! I will also say that it has helped me tremendously. Since I have 4 kids under 8, homeschool, and live in a house we grew out of the minute I became pregnant with child #3, being organized and making space in a squishy home is ESSENTIAL. Its the only way to survive basically. I've become very good at utilizing small spaces and creating room where there clearly is NOT. I'd consider myself a pro at making it work since thats my only option at the moment! LOL

The other night one of my best friends challenges me..."Wanna do the 31 days to an Organized Home with me? Its on pinterest!" My first thought was...yes! Then I thought...wait, no...because that requires me to actually face my inner hoarder square on and deal with her. She scares me. I try to avoid her because she makes such convincing arguments like 'Don't throw that away because you might need that later.' Well the thing is that I believed her last time and I haven't touched that particular saved item in over a year. Alright fine! I completely forgot where it was and even why I had it in the first place! Thats sad to me...but I'm also forced to question myself and ask...okay why do you still have that and more importantly...WHAT IS IT!? If I can't answer that question with solid answers then its time to pitch it. Let me tell you, ITS SO HARD! Then I'm convicted that I have SO much crap that I don't even know I have it and I'm not even using it! That my dear friends is called SELFISHNESS...oh and hoarding. Let me also clarify though...if its seasonal stuff like Christmas/Fall/Spring whatever kind of decor that is one thing. I'm talking about that box of mugs that you feel bad donating because Aunt Marie gave them to you and even though you'd never have time to use them because you have 700 other mugs, you don't want to throw them out because what if she comes over and looks for a mug and notices that the ones she gave you are absent? She hasn't been to your house yet and probably won't... so again...why aren't you tossing that box? Oh yeah, my case in point: You have an inner hoarder too. *patting the seat next to me* You can sit next to me, we are in the same boat and need to face 'her.' Don't be scared, she's a bossy hoarder and you can tell her no. :)

And now it begins! Starting Monday I'm gonna take this 31 day challenge and see how it goes! I don't think there is any home organized so perfectly that this wouldn't be a good website to check out. (actually that is a lie, Rob's Grandma Sue is the exception to this declaration) I will be posting every couple of days to let you know my progress. I'm excited and a little nervous...who knows what I'm gonna find! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment